Wednesday, September 6, 2006
E-resources designed for institutions with small print collections -- not
E-resources: "ScienceDirect Logo
Specifically designed for institutions with small print journal collections, E-Select™: E-journals from Elsevier, provides individual online-title access to more than 1,300 titles in the areas of social sciences and STM.
With E-Select: E-journals from Elsevier, you can:
* access a backfile of subscribed content dating back to January 1995
* search all articles available on the ScienceDirect® platform, including access to nearly eight million abstracts
* arrange to receive alert notifications for new issues as soon as these titles are available electronically (often prior to print)
* use individual password access for up to five unique users
* benefit from unlimited viewing, downloading and printing of subscribed e-journals."
It all sounds good until you read the pdf "Fact Sheet" and there you find out that an institution is defined as academic or government. So, not mine.
I need to talk to a representative to see if they have a package for me. I have. I cannot afford it.