- All US sources
- All US everything
- Slides online – note to self – look for them
Left and went to another session…
Knowledge continuity and Opportunities – Future of knowledge Managers
Speaker Patrick Lambe, Straits Knowledge
- Interstitial library - books that fall through the gaps
- KM needs to work in the gaps and help close them
- His study is available for purchase
- 15 roles for Knowledge Managers – many are or should be general management competencies
- He has written articles on this
- beware success stories- concentrate on daily experiences and patterns
- quick wins are temporary
- easy wins are not scalable
Embedded Librarianship in the Field
Reese Dano and Gretchen McNeely
- not really relevant
- too many buzzwords
- what does “dimensionality” really mean??
- how many times can a speaker say “disparate” and “overarching” in the same talk?
Left and went to exhibit hall …
Success Stories of Solos
Patrick Clapp moderated and organized this session. His speakers all had to cancel out on him, so he asked me if I could talk about my success at negotiating my termination and my new job. So, I did. Calling my part “everything is negotiable” I quickly reviewed
asking Xerox for more than the offered severance package and asking ArcelorMittal Dofasco for more than what was offered when I got my new job there.
And then the rains came down. View from my hotel room.