Friday, January 12, 2007

Tag, You're It


Just when I thought I would never get to play, I was tagged by John Dupuis over at "Confessions of a Science Librarian". John was invited to speak to our local librarian group years ago about blogging and is therefore the person who got me started.

5 things you did not know about me:

1. I would love to live in a cabin in the woods with no neighbours, no traffic, a pond, a stream, a big garden, old trees, my family, tons of books, my computer - with high speed internet, pigs, chickens, and a wood stove. Does anyone have one I can borrow?

2. Spent a lot of time at my first real library job writing my own personal book called "How NOT to run a corporate library". I kept waiting for my manager to "leave" but it did not happen until two years after I left. Needless to say I did not stay long at that job.

3. I am an active member of the Canadian Federation of University Women (Oakville)(http://www.cfuwoakville.ca) even though I am not usually into any of the usual female/feminist crap. Started a blog and a wiki for them as well. Blog is at http://cfuwoakville.blogspot.com, wiki is private. It is tough getting them to use the new tools.

4. I had surgery on both feet immediately after graduation from Chemical Engineering in 1981 and went to job interviews with casts on both feet. Was offered two jobs the same day. And took the wrong one :(

5. We are fostering a Dog Guide Puppy, named Casper. He is a standard poodle, is currently 6 months old and will soon come to work with me a couple of days a week. Photo Here

I'll tag Donna at MidCareer Librarian, Dave Pollard, and Laurie the Librarian.

No comments:

Post a Comment