Tuesday, March 20, 2007
Meme - Five Non-Library Blogs You Read
One of the more interesting memes.
1. Cool Tools (Kevin Kelly) - http://www.kk.org/cooltools/index.php - From the site: "Cool tools really work. A cool tool can be any book, gadget, software, video, map, hardware, material, or website that is tried and true. I am chiefly interested in stuff that is extraordinary, better than similar products, little-known, and reliably useful for an individual or small group. I depend on friends and readers to suggest things they actually use. There are plenty of places to read about stuff that should be cool, or that looks new and cool, and that might be useful. These recommendations here, on the other hand, are based on people who have used this item and many similar and have come to see its superiority. Items can be old items, or cheap things that you still dote on after years of use. Great new gear, if well tested by you, are also wonderful. I post things I like and I ignore the rest."
2. NewScientist Latest headlines - http://www.newscientist.com/news.ns - From the site: "Updated throughout the day, our global network of specialist correspondents provide comprehensive coverage of science and technology news."
3. Web Strategy by Jeremiah - http://www.web-strategist.com/blog/ - From the site: "As a Web Strategist I strive to define and deliver User Needs, Business Goals, and Web Technology to craft and deliver long term successful web programs. The purpose of this website is to be a resource to those who deploy Social Media at corporations. I try to demystify the web, and use plain ol’ business English. (if there is such a thing). I strive to show where the real value is and avoid ‘hype’ and ‘geekspeak’. I’m not afraid to make mistakes and share them."
4. Business Innovation Insider - http://www.businessinnovationinsider.com/ - From the site: "BusinessInnovationInsider.com was launched in 2005 in conjunction with FORTUNE's Innovation Forum held each November in New York City. Each day we showcase interesting interviews, case studies and commentary on the theme of business innovation. Our focus is on those factors that impact innovation - competition, customer experience, intellectual property, and design. The tagline for the FORTUNE Innovation Forum is "Creating Sustainable Innovation." This weblog is for anyone who is passionate about innovation."
5. and the most unrelated -- Internet Movie Database - http://www.imdb.com/news/ - movie and TV news.
We are to tag this fiveblogs