Sessions D203 — The Second Life Smorgasbord: Opportunities for All Types of Libraries in a Virtual Environment
1:30 p.m. – 2:30 p.m.
Kitty Pope, Executive Director, Allliance Library System &
Barbara Galick, Executive Director, Bradley Unviersity
Rosemary Arneson, Director of Carmichael Library, University of Montevallo
Kate Fitz, Public Services Librarian, Sacramento County Public Law Library
Michael Sauers, Technology Innovation Librarian, Nebraska Library Commission
Elisabeth Marrapodi Jacobsen, Library Director, Trinitas Hospital Library
Micki McIntyre, UMDNJ HealthyNJ Librarian, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey
Disaster management in Second life
- what if you delete your building?
- zombie attack?
You have to think of many different types of disasters in a virtual world
??why have walls anyway if everyone can fly??
Who are you keeping out?
- Learning new tools
- Learning new ideas
- Emerging technologies
- In Bell Library Towers 5th floor
- They have signs on floor so people know where they are
- They have no walls
- Note cards iwht information
- Notecards are also on website
- Banned book display
- She has created a SL law directory
- Has anyone created a SL library directory??
- Some places let you create your own world - -meta place; multiverse;…
Resource: The entrepreneur's guide to SL / Terdiman