Sunday, June 13, 2010

SLA 2010 – New Orleans - Day 2 – Sunday June 13


The temperature has gone down a little – only about 101 today. Breakfast buffet in hotel was much better today as there were not 100 teens in the line-up.

Fedex Kinkos

As secretary of the Solo Librarians Division I had to make sure this morning that I had the agenda and minutes printed and available for the group. To this end, I went online to the FedEx Kinkos site as there is a location right in the hotel where the meeting was going to be held. I uploaded the files and found out that they don’t accept Canadian credit cards. After being transferred around on the telephone I found someone who told me how to at least submit the job and then I could go over later and pay. I did this, however, the job was all screwed up and I only got half of it. I will need to do it all over again for the business meeting.

My message to American companies -- the world does not end at your borders. Not by a long shot.

Solo Division Board Meeting

The Solo Librarians Division Board Meeting was at noon today. We had a great discussion on the future planning for conferences and conference sessions. We hope to see a lot more people at the luncheon tomorrow. I think I volunteered to be a speaker on a panel session :0

Exhibits

I spent all afternoon at the exhibit hall. I had not intended to do so, but there were a lot of people to talk to. Swag is pretty good this year.

IMG_5770

Keynote

Mary Matalin and James Carville were the keynote speakers. She was very interesting and articulate, he was very funny and very driven to improve New Orleans. I could have listened to them much longer.

IMG_5734  IMG_5733 IMG_5750

Solo Librarians Division No Host Dinner

Nine solo’s went to dinner at “The Gumbo Shop” in the French Quarter.

 IMG_5768

The food was very good. I had Shrimp Gumbo, Crayfish Ettouffee, Macque Choux Corn, and a Praline Sundae. YUM!!



No comments:

Post a Comment