Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Slow posting for a few weeks



I am not having a good week, so it is nice to be able to say that I will be off for a couple of weeks.

The first stop is the CFUW annual conference, held this year in Edmonton.

From the site www.cfuw.org

Founded in 1919, The Canadian Federation of University Women, is a voluntary, non-profit, self-funded bilingual organization of over 10,000 women university graduates. CFUW/FCFDU members are active in public affairs, working to raise the social, economic and legal status of women, as well as to improve education, the environment, peace, justice and human rights.

Members belong to 122 Clubs in every province in Canada CFUW/FCFDU is one of the 78 member affiliates of the International Federation of University Women (IFUW/FIFDU) and its 140,000 members. CFUW is a non government organization with special consultative status at the United Nations (Economic and Social Council) Commission on the Status of Women. CFUW sends a representative to the Canadian Commission to UNESCO Education Committee.


I joined the Oakville chapter for the interest groups, book discussions, etc., and an opportunity to have non-work, non-child related conversations with intelligent adults. Somehow I ended up on the Executive. Last year Secretary, this year Membership (so if you want to join, let me know). Now I find myself going to this conference.

I do not know what internet access will be available, so there may be no posting for a while on this blog, but may be some at http://darimontvacations.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment