Wednesday August 6, 2008
- pick up newspapers
- arrive in a caffeine deprived state
- drink coffee
- read Google reader items
- check email for urgent items
- since I have the full acrobat programme I do various things for staff -- today cut out 8 pictures from a document and sent to requester - he later asked why I did not do it last night at home because he had waited up for me to send it to him :)
- finalized plans for getting lab notebooks scanned
- read and/or deleted email from inbox - not much today
- filed email - I get over 100 a day and need to spend time every couple of weeks organizing and weeding them - my goal is an empty inbox.
- answer question on what kind of paper can go in printer.
- phone call from PIRA in the UK (love that accent) asking about a journal renewal
- straightened out that renewal on our end and theirs
- check email
- forwarded PIRA email to assistant for her to handle
- phone call from journal vendor. Set appointment for end of month to discuss quote. Invited assistant to participate
- wrote a blog post on http://www.canada411.ca
- called home
- starting a headache. off to get food and take pills
- BLT with cheese - yummy
- checked library typo of the day against our catalogue - impared - no matches were found
- updated online calendars
- continued with paper monster - filled my recycle bin in my office
- created an account with Collections Canada for ISBNs (for CFUW cookbook)
- filing of paper from paper monster
- check email
- checked status of ID ordered yesterday
- blogged http://www.pandora.com
- updated training database with conferences etc.
- sent appreciation award nomination for staff member
- lunch with my peeps (husband, daughter, son). They brought a picnic lunch and we ate outside (note to self - tell facilities that picnic tables need painting)
- listening to this cool music site http://www.pandora.com Only works on US IP addresses, not Canadian ones so I cannot listen at home.
- continued updating training database with conferences etc. - added approx. 25 courses and conference to database. Time consuming.
- All staff meeting 3-4.
- request from corporate library in USA to test remote Z39.50 catalogue access. Still not working. Replied as such.
- headache still not gone - more pills
- talked to people dropping by as they return from staff meeting - I enjoy it, but it is time consuming.
- cleaned up learning/training database display on web page (cold fusion, html, dreamweaver, etc.)
- check email
- watered plants
- set up new account for new employee and sent him a ton of info on what we have, what we can do for him, how we can make things easier,etc.
- called Dog Guides of Canada to check a few things on the foster puppy we will be picking up next week. this is our second one. The first one can be seen at flickr casper set
- soccer practice for kid#2
- home paper monster / pay bills / filing
- menu planning etc for company coming for the weekend